The City and County of San Francisco has a prompt payment policy that requires City Departments to pay vendors within thirty days and make every effort to pay vendors within fifteen business day. If you have questions about an invoice you have submitted to a City Department please consult the Controller’s Vendor Contact List.
To expedite payments, we offer Electronic Payments to our vendors, contractors and suppliers (This is also known as "Automated Clearing House" or "ACH" payments). The Electronic remittances provide the same information currently printed on our checks.
This service is voluntary and is provided at no charge to all vendors through our existing disbursement account with Bank of America. Remittance information will be provided through Paymode-X™, a Bank of America Merrill Lynch business-to-business electronic system.
You use your own existing bank account to receive the Electronic Payments.
You do not have to be a customer of Bank of America Merrill Lynch to receive Electronic Payments from the City and County of San Francisco.
- Saves time and money – Electronic Payments can reduce labor, hassle, expenses, and risk associated with checks and there is no charge to receive payments in this format from the City and County of San Francisco.
- Fits with existing systems and banking practices – Paymode-X requires no software purchase, no modification to your accounts receivable system, and no change to your bank or bank accounts.
- Includes remittance information from our check stub – Paymode-X provides the remittance information printed on our check stub with the electronic payment for easier reconciliation. You will also be notified by email each time you receive a payment.
- Provides payment history – A detailed history of all Paymode-X payments from the City and County of San Francisco will be available to you on the Paymode-X website.
- Easy enrollment – It will take you less than 10 minutes to enroll. You will be notified by email when you are ready to receive Electronic Payments from us. This normally takes 2-3 weeks from the time you enroll. Please contact us at ACH.Support@sfgov.org if you have any questions or if you want to check the status of your enrollment.
Learn More or Sign Up